To achieve a spotlessly clean home, you need to read the ultimate cleaning guide to a spotless home. A spotlessly clean home has a significant impact on our physical and mental health. An unclean home is contaminated with bacteria, viruses and allergens leading to respiratory sickness and infections. House cleaning service in Malaysia is essential to ensure that the occupants always stay healthy in a clean environment.
The Ultimate Home Cleaning Guide
The ultimate home cleaning guide includes the following:-
- Understanding different types of cleaning products.
- Best practices for cleaning various surfaces.
- Some time-saving hacks for efficient cleaning routines.
- Deep cleaning strategies for bathroom and kitchen cleaning.
- Tips for maintaining a clean home.
Understanding Cleaning Products
There are 2 main types of cleaning products. These are natural and chemical-based products. Natural products are made from natural ingredients such as vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda and other non-toxic substances. These are eco-friendly and safe to use around children and pets. These are relatively cheaper too. On the other hand, chemical-based products are more costly but these are very effective for removing tough, stubborn stains and grease.
You have to choose the right cleaning product for your cleaning needs. For instance, for removing grease from kitchen countertops, you need something stronger than a vinegar solution. After preparing food or handling raw meat, only a natural solution is needed to disinfect the kitchen surfaces. It is advisable to read the labels and understand the ingredients of any cleaning products before using them.
Cleaning Techniques For Different Surfaces
House cleaning is a daunting task. You need to know the right techniques and tips to clean different surfaces safely and effectively.
Best Practices to Avoid Damage
- When cleaning floors, start by sweeping or vacuuming to remove dirt and debris. Then use a damp mop with warm water and an all-purpose floor cleaner for most surfaces.
- To remove spots or stubborn stains on hardwood or laminated floor, use a mixture of warm water and vinegar to prevent damaging the finish.
- When cleaning walls, start from the top and work downwards to avoid streaking or leaving marks behind.
- For painted walls, use a soft sponge or cloth with mild soap and warm water. Do not use abrasive sponge as it can scratch the paint surface.
- For wallpapered walls, use warm water on a damp cloth to protect the wallpaper.
Tips for Cleaning Surfaces
Follow these tips and your home will stay sparkling clean.
- To clean marble countertops, use mild soap mixed with water on a soft sponge or cloth. Never use an acidic product such as vinegar as it can etch away at the surface.
- To clean the hardwood floor, opt for dry mopping followed by damp mopping with minimal water usage. Never use steam cleaners as these can cause warping due to excess moisture exposure.
- To clean stainless steel appliances such as fridges, ovens and microwave ovens, use a damp microfiber cloth with a mild soap solution.
Time-saving Cleaning Hacks
Cleaning is a very time-consuming task. By following the cleaning tips below, you can save a lot of time. Some of the time-saving hacks are:-
- Using multi-purpose cleaners such as vinegar and water solution. This can be used to clean multiple surfaces such as windows, mirrors, countertops and even floors.
- Using microfiber cloth and mop heads will reduce the need for multiple passes over the same surface.
- Start cleaning from the top to the bottom. This means cleaning high shelves and hanging ceiling fans and working your way down to lower surfaces such as the floor.
- Multi-tasking to maximize your time. Combine your cleaning tasks by listening to an audiobook or podcast. You can listen to music at the same time while cleaning too.
- Try to involve the children to clean up their own bedrooms or encourage them to make their own bed in the morning. This is teaching them valuable living skills. Show them how to dust and wipe the furniture and sweep the floor as well. All this can speed up the whole cleaning process.
Deep Cleaning Strategies
To maintain a spotlessly clean home, you need to do deep cleaning at least once or twice a year. A deep clean is different from regular cleaning. Deep cleaning involves thoroughly cleaning every nook and cranny of your home. Deep cleaning can be overwhelming but breaking the various tasks down into smaller tasks can make it more manageable. Start by listing down the areas you want to clean first. Having a plan will help you stay focused and on track.
Deep Cleaning Versus Regular Cleaning
Regular cleaning is the daily or weekly upkeep of your home to keep it looking clean and tidy. This includes vacuuming, dusting, wiping all surfaces and doing the laundry. Deep cleaning means cleaning all those hard-to-reach places such as behind the cupboards, behind the furniture, ceiling fans, inside cabinets and drawers as well. Deep cleaning also involves washing windows, mosquito netting, curtains, mattresses and even steam-cleaning cupboards. Deep cleaning is cleaning thoroughly all the places which are normally overlooked.
Step-by-step Instructions for Deep Cleaning
Deep cleaning may seem a daunting task but with proper planning and preparation, it can be quite manageable. Before starting, use these tips below:-
- Budget adequate time. This type of cleaning may take several days depending on the size of your home.
- Gather the necessary equipment and supplies such as vacuum cleaner, mops and cleaning agents.
- Make a list of all areas that need to be deep cleaned including surfaces, corners and even furnishings.
Maintaining a Clean Home
It is very difficult to keep your home clean all the time, especially when you have to go to work 6 days a week. In order to ensure you have a clean and organized home every day, follow some simple steps listed below:-
- Do all the small cleaning tasks consistently throughout the week instead of waiting for the weekend to start cleaning up your house.
- Make your bed every morning the moment you wake up.
- Wipe all surfaces after use.
- Do your laundry regularly.
- Put all the things back in their original place after use.
- Declutter regularly. Throw away any unwanted items that you no longer need or use.
- Create a cleaning routine best suited for you. For example, break tasks up into manageable ones. Sweeping or vacuuming the floor can be done weekly. Wiping the surfaces can be done daily.
- Involving family members. Try to get all family members to be responsible for cleaning their own bedrooms. This will speed up the cleaning process as everyone contributes in maintaining the cleanliness of the house.
- Lastly, get the help of the professional cleaners for a deep clean if necessary.
With these comprehensive cleaning tips, you can easily enjoy living in a spotlessly clean home. Just remember to choose the right cleaning products to use for the different surfaces, how to clean the different surfaces, the time-saving hacks and some deep cleaning strategies to be used.